So, how many sit-ups and crunches will it take to burn off this muffin top once and for all?
None. Zero. All the ab exercise in the world won't reduce your waist circumference or eliminate a muffin top. You can improve those muscles beautifully, but the excess fat around them isn't going anywhere without the right personalized plan. (See this video below.)
Your Muffin Top Melting Plan:
- Cardiovascular training at the right intensities for your resting heart-rate and health factors (PPT will figure these optimal intensities out for you), 4-7 days per week depending upon how bad the muffin top is, for 30-90 minutes at a time (this varies also, and your PPT professional can determine what's BEST for your body's needs and when that should change). Without this key component, you won't burn many calories from stored fat and your heart won't be strong enough to maximize this next step:
- Muscle training that progresses properly (same intensities and duration week after week will NOT work). All of the major muscles need to be trained moderately at first, then very heavily once the joints and heart are healthy enough. Don't worry about stopping when you hit "the last rep"; most of your muscles need to train to the point where they can no longer safely perform another one. Everyone's needs a specific to their physiology, but rest assured, muscle training for at least 90 minutes each week is always part of the program.
- A Meal Plan that (a) provides precisely the right macronutrients (proteins, carbs and fats) and that (b) is followed with precision. We determine your macronutrients based on your metabolic rate, your body composition, your amount of lean tissue, and many other factors, and update them as your body changes. It's imperative that you follow your meal plan closely, as its generally the most important part of your Muffin Top Melting program!
- Appropriate electrolytes, hydration, omega-3s and antioxidants for your body's specific needs: You can't burn bodyfat very well without a well-functioning system. Keeping these ranges appropriate will nourish your body and help it to be a fat-burning machine, incapable of sustaining a muffin top of any kind!
- Basically the same bed-time every night, and very deep sleep (support with melatonin and essential oils as needed) for at least six hours. This is critical for hormonal balance and in minimizing chemical stressors.
Once you drop the top, your plan changes to the Maintenance Phase, which is tremendously easier and requires NO calorie deficit. It's a smoother, simpler ride from there on out with more flexibility and wiggle-room for your food intake, your exercise regimen, and your lifestyle habits.
Remember, cherry-picking and "sort of" following your guidelines will lead to disappointment instead of solid success.
Serious about melting off the muffin top and other excess bodyfat?
Then don't wait for the time to come to you (because it never will).
Instead, make the time, get focused, and know that you can burn that muffin top off forever by just following these 5 steps and staying consistent in each one of them.
Our top team of fat-loss experts is always here to help!