- Work broccoli into your PPT meal plan, but steam it rather than microwaving it. Broccoli is a cancer-preventing superfood, one you should eat daily. But take note of this: A Spanish study found that microwaving broccoli destroys 97 percent of the vegetable’s cancer-protective flavonoids. So, we recommend that you steam it or eat it raw. (By the way, broccoli's protein-to-carb ratio works very well into a healthy PPT meal plan.)
- Supplement with vitamin D. More and more, vitamin D has demonstrated to have strong anti-cancer qualities. If you're not spending at least 20 minutes per day getting sunlight, then you'll need more vitamin D supplementation than most. Contact Perfect Personal Training to establish the right amount of supplementation for you.
- Indulge in cantaloupe. Cantaloupe is a great source of carotenoids, which are plant chemicals shown to significantly reduce the risk of cancer. These are carbohydrates that should replace simple sugars in your current meal plan.
- Every time you go to the bathroom, stop by the kitchen or water cooler for a glass of water. A major study published in The New England Journal of Medicine in 1996 found that men who drank six 8-ounce glasses of water daily cut risk of bladder cancer y 50%. Another study linked the amount of water women drank to their risk of colon cancer, showing heavy water drinkers reducing their risk up to 45 percent! Why aren't you drinking more water?
- Take a multivitamin every morning. Many studies suggest getting the ideal levels of vitamins and minerals improve the immune system and help prevent a variety of cancers.
Add these ideas to your daily regimen for reduced risk, and please feel welcome to comment or call PPT at (877)698-3648 for a more personalized anti-cancer protocol for you and your family.