Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Workout Wellness Success for 2010
The NEW YEAR is here!
Are your resolutions underway?
All New Years Resolutions Programs are not created equal! Many are lacking in fundamental areas while others overtrain you and leave you run down.
Need a few pointers? Here are a few bulletpoints that will make your exercising top notch!
* Work out your cardiovascular system at a moderate or high intensity at least three or four days each week. Spend at least 20 or 30 minutes for health benefits, or 40-60 minutes for weight loss.
* Work out with weights at least twice per week or more if you have time. Training bands and tubes are just as good when used appropriately. Be sure to target all of your major muscles and that you use good form. A Perfect Personal Trainer can help you in selecting exercises that are right for you.
* Stretch your muscles after every workout and hold the stretch for 30-60 seconds. If you do yoga, try to do some after your muscles workout.
* Keep lots of water or your favorite sports drink on hand for your workouts. You should also drink a glass or two before and after you train.
* Try not to workout on an empty stomach or right before bed.
* Eat small meals several times a day to boost your metabolism and burn more fat in your workouts. If you are trying to lose weight then consult a professional and consider limiting your consumption to around 250-300 calories each time you eat.
* Don't forget to workout your core! The muscles in the middle of your body should not be left out.
Do you have any questions for us? We're always here to help! (877)698-DO-IT (3648)
Happy New Year and Good Luck with your Resolutions!